Old Jewish Quarters Route
ReviewsNo reviews yet
Experience the Jewish history and culture of the Old Jewish Quarters route. Learn about the architecture, tradition, and the people who call it home. Portugal's Old Jewish Quarters are a must-see destination for anyone exploring the country's vibrant history and culture. Discover what makes these old Jewish quarters so unique and memorable.
Explore Portugal's Rich Jewish Heritage on the Old Jewish Quarters Route
This Old Jewish Quarters route provides an opportunity to discover our Jewish tours in Portugal - an educational and inspiring journey.
Portugal is home to some of the oldest Jewish quarters in the world. Journey through its winding streets and explore its rich history, culture, and architecture. Discover the stories of the people who lived here in the centuries past and learn about their unique customs and traditions. See how they adapted to life in a new land while keeping their faith alive.
The Old Jewish Quarter Route in Portugal is a journey through the country's Jewish heritage. Therefore it highlights its Jewish cultural sites, museums, and synagogues. Along the way, learn about the history of the Jewish communities and explore its unique Hebrew culture.
Our multi-day tour aims to provide you with the history of the Jewish presence in Portugal from its earliest days until now. It will look at their contribution to Portuguese society and the effects of the Inquisition on Jewish life in Portugal.
The Vibrant Traditions of Portugal's Jewish Communities
In addition, you will get to know Portugal's north/center area with the green mountains and the beautiful shale villages where time stands still. Finally, take this route through Portugal's old Jewish quarters and uncover a fascinating part of its history. You can see and experience life in these old Jewish quarters, from ancient synagogues to traditional markets. So get ready to be immersed in a unique cultural experience as you discover the hidden gems of Portugal's Jewish history!
So, delve into the captivating world of Portugal's Jewish Quarters, where a rich cultural heritage awaits you. Discover the fascinating history of Portugal's Jewish community as you unearth hidden gems and journey through time. Immerse yourself in the vibrant traditions of these quarters, and experience the unique beauty they offer. Join us on this unforgettable adventure, and be amazed by the wonders that await you.
Private tour from 5.155€ for 2 persons
For more than 2 persons, please ask for a quote
- Pick up e Drop off
- Mandatory fees
- Wi-Fi and bottled water on board
- Exclusive and specialized Guide/Driver
- Personalized transport in a luxury Mercedes vehicle, in safe & comfortable conditions
- All taxes
- Public liability and personal accidents insurance
- Boat trip in Aveiro
- Food and drinks, unless specified on Tour Includes
- Entrance fees, unless specified on Tour Includes
- Lisbon airport, hotel and cruise transfers to and from all destinations in Portugal
- Transport up to 8 adult passengers
- Free Wi-Fi in all vehicles
- Special rates for airport and cruise transfers
- We will meet you inside the airport terminal arrivals and holding a sign with your name written on it
- High quality service
- Contact us and let us know:
- Your name and destination
- Arrival / Departure Date
- Flight number
- Email: [email protected]
Changes and Cancellations by Real Embrace Portugal
Changes made by clients
Tours - Spoken languages
- Our tours are spoken in portuguese, english, spanish and french.
Tour - several days
- Private – Our tours are always private (just you and guide/driver);
- Custom-made – The tour highlights are just suggestions of places to visit. The tour itinerary will be designed according to your preferences;
- Tour Lenght – Each day tour is designed to last approximately 8 hours (hotel-tour-hotel);
Schedule: flexible according to customers’ needs;
- Minimum group of 2 people and maximum 8 people;
- The values indicated are per person and vary depending on the number of people;
- For larger groups contact by email [email protected];
- Please contact us for advice about our accommodation options. We have a list of hotels based in local 3*, 4* and 5* Bed & Breakfasts and Boutique hotels throughout Portugal. We will provide you with suggestions so you can choose what best suits your budget;
Covid-19 Prevention Measures
- Covid-19 vaccination required for our guides;
- Our drivers have safety and health training;
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to passengers by driver every time before entering the vehicle;
- The driver will wear a face mask at all times and will keep a safe distance from customers avoiding close contact, handshakes, etc.;
- Luggage will only be handle with customers authorization;
- The driver will use sanitizing products to continually clean the main contact areas inside and outside the vehicle (handles,seat belts, etc.);
- For safety reasons our vehicles will not provide magazines and water bottles. We apologize for this inconvenience;
- Upon completion of each tour, our cleaning team will carry out a thorough cleaning with anti-bacterial products.
Day 1 - Overnight in Lisbon Lisbon
Welcome talk and tour the Jewish Lisbon, including Synagogue, Old Jewish Quarters, and the city's Jewish history. Also, the highlights of Lisbon city include Alfama, Bairro Alto, and Belém.
Day 2 - Overnight in Coimbra Óbidos, Nazaré, Tomar, Coimbra
Morning city tour of Óbidos and its Jewish quarter.
City tour of Nazaré to the Northen beach, Sitio, and lunch in a local restaurant.
City tour of Tomar includes the Synagogue, museum and, Convent of Christ, Templar Knights Castle.
Day 3 - Overnight in Porto Coimbra, Aveiro, Porto
City tour of Coimbra to include the University and Historical Center and former Jewish quarter.
Lunch in Aveiro. City tour of Aveiro to include a typical boat ride in the canals. And visit the historical center.
Day 4 - Overnight in Porto
City tour of Porto and its highlights. To include Synagogue, the Jewish quarter, Port wine cellars, and 1-hour boat ride in Douro River. Lunch by the river Douro.
Day 5 - Overnight in Douro Valley Peso da Régua, Pinhão
City tour of Douro Valley to include Peso da Régua and Pinhão. Also, to visit Quinta da Pachea winery with a visit and wine tasting.
Day 6 - Overnight in Belmonte Trancoso, Belmonte
City tour of Trancoso, including the Jewish quarter. And continue our trip to Belmonte with a city tour of the Synagogue, the Jewish museum, and the Jewish quarter.
Day 7 - Overnight in Lisbon Belmonte, Portas do Rodão, Lisbon
Stop at Portas de Rodão, one of the most scenic areas of central Portugal, to include a spectacular boat ride in the river Tejo with lunch.
Time to get back to Lisbon to end our tour.
Day 8 - Lisbon
Transfer Lisbon Airport